I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
- I will remember that preparing food and serving others is both a great honor and a tremendous responsibility.
- I will carry out my duties with excellence, professionalism, leadership, ethics, and respect for diversity.
- I will treat food as precious and elevate its value and minimize its waste by applying my skills with reverence and attention.
- I will carry out my obligations to all fellow human beings with an equal degree of commitment, be they of privilege, or those who may be less fortunate.
- I will remember that nourishment is both art and medicine and that I will strive to feed the soul and prevent disease wherever I can.
- I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed.
- I will honor the hard-won respect and accomplishments of those culinarians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge, along with my own, with those who are to follow.
May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of those whom I have served.