Career Services is supported through the Library Learning Commons on campus. Students managing their career means ongoing, active dedication to moving their career forward—securing a job begins long before looking at postings and sending applications. Career Services is here to assist students with:
- Creating career goals and specific plans to achieve them.
- Support with externship and job searches.
- Help with navigating the Culinary Connect website and reaching out to employers
- Creating résumés, cover letters, portfolios, profiles, and any number of other means of advertising skills and value to employers.
- Finding and creating opportunities for career advancement.
Students will be introduced to Career Services during orientation and externship planning. Through group presentations and one-on-one advising sessions, students will be prepared to seek out and secure an externship location. Career Services will remain in contact with students during their externship experience. Then, as students prepare to graduate, they will work with their advisor on career planning or their transition to the New York campus to continue their education in one of the CIA's bachelor's degree programs.
Students at the CIA San Antonio can take advantage of announcements of new employers seeking workers. These opportunities will be communicated to students via their CIA student e-mail account and posted on http://ciachef-csm.symplicity.com
In addition, employers recruit on the CIA's New York campus during Career Fairs and throughout the year for both externship and full-time job opportunities. Students should watch for announcements so they can identify employers of interest. If students are interested in any of the positions available at a particular Career Fair, they can submit their résumé to prospective employers directly.