Credit balances will be refunded upon request or automatically refunded within 14 days of the date the credit occurs on the student's account and are processed by Student Financial and Registration Services at the New York campus. Refunds or eRefunds will be distributed:
- eRefunds student—Those students who sign up for eRefunds will have their refunds deposited directly into their bank account.
- Registered student, NY campus—Check will be available for pickup in Student Financial and Registration Services—Express Office.
- Registered student, CA campus—Check will be available for pickup in the Education Office.
- Registered student, TX campus—Check will be sent via mail to the permanent address.
- Students taking their concentration at other campuses—Check will be mailed to the permanent address.
All other refunds will be mailed to the permanent address. Students are encouraged to sign up for eRefunds.
Note that the law requires that any excess of Federal Parent PLUS Loan funds be returned to the parent. If a school determines that Federal Parent PLUS Loan funds created a credit balance, the credit balance would have to be given to the parent. The CIA will refund the parent when the Federal Parent PLUS Loan is the only payment on the account and the Federal Parent PLUS Loan disbursement is more than the student's institutional charges. See Federal Parent PLUS Loan to learn more.