On-Campus Employment

Various departments at the CIA hire student workers for employment. If students are interested in working on campus (either through the Federal Work-Study program or not), they must submit an employment application through the student job board. Instructions are available on the Student Employment page of CIA Main Menu. Campus employment is not guaranteed.

In order to participate in on-campus employment, students must complete a registration process that includes completing a W-4 and I-9 form. The I-9 form, required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, establishes eligibility to work in the United States, and requires students to present original documentation to verify their eligibility. Students at the New York campus must visit the Student Employment Office to complete their registration after they have applied online. Students at the California campus should visit the Administration Office for assistance with their registration. Students at the Texas campus should visit the Student Services Office for assistance with their registration.

Once the registration process is complete and students begin working, they should speak with their supervisor to ensure proper payment, including use and location of time clocks.

Direct deposit is available to student employees. If students choose to sign up for direct deposit, they must provide bank information such as routing and account numbers. If students opt not to participate in direct deposit, their paychecks will be delivered to their campus mailbox (New York students) or the Administration Office (California students) or the Student Services Office (Texas students).

For further information, call:

New York