Students should note the following approved changes to programs, courses, and policies, effective 12/16/22 that occurred after the publication of the 2022-2023 Academic Catalog.
- Beginning and end dates defining the time period covered by the catalog were added
- Catalog was updated to include language provided by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education:
- General Admissions Information—All Programs (sections updated: Catalog and Enrollment Agreement, California Campus, and Notice Concerning Transferability of Credits and Credentials Earned at Our Institution)
- About This Catalog (address and phone numbers updated)
- Accreditation/Approvals (address updated)
- Student Complaints Policy and Procedures (policy was updated)
- California Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) Fee (address and phone number were corrected)
- Withdrawal Refund Policy (California) (text changed)
2022–2023 Tuition/Fee Schedule—Degree Programs (California) (STRF fees added)
- Removed Italian concentration
- Removed Late registration fee from Fees That May Be Assessed
- Updated Attendance—Undergraduate and Adding, Dropping, or Withdrawal from a Course—Undergraduate and Graduate to include statement about attending a course after a failure or withdrawal
- Updated Attendance—Undergraduate to show that the 4th absence for a half-semester 6-credit course results in a failure.
- Updated Adding, Dropping, or Withdrawal from a Course—Undergraduate and Graduate to show that a 5-week lab course meets three (3) days per week and the last day to withdraw with a grade of W from a 5-week lab is the 3rd day.
Course Description and Pre-requisite and/or Co-requisite Updates
Students should note the following approved changes to programs, courses, and policies, effective 8/1/22 that occurred after the publication of the 2022-2023 Academic Catalog.
- Admissions Requirements for Homeschooled Students added to Associate and Bachelor's Degree Programs—U.S. Campuses
CIA Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship removed from CIA Financial Aid and Scholarships
- HMFB-110 name change from "Introduction to Food and Beverage Management" to "Foundations of Hospitality Management"
- HMFB-115 name change from "Food Product Identification, Selection, and Procurement" to "Hospitality Supply Chain Management"
- HMHC-315 and MGMT-316 name change from "Hospitality Facilities and Operations Management" to "Hospitality Operations Management"
- MGMT-205 name change from "Marketing and Promoting Food" to "Marketing Principles"
Academic Program Updates
- Hospitality Management, BS
- Food and Beverage Requirements: BAKE-241 and HMFB-420 eliminated; CULP-325 added
- Business Management Requirements: Choice of MGMT-225 or MGMT-255
- Hospitality Management Electives: 15 credits instead of 6 credits